DeWayne and Joy

DeWayne and Joy

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Settled In

Just a quick post to give everybody an update.

We left Lingle, WY yesterday morning and made really good time to Rapid City.  The terrain changed every few miles from rolling grasslands to hills and trees, then back again.  And right in the middle somewhere, we crossed into South Dakota.

To Rapid City, SD 001To Rapid City, SD 006To Rapid City, SD 012To Rapid City, SD 013To Rapid City, SD 017

To Rapid City, SD 018To Rapid City, SD 021To Rapid City, SD 023

Finally, Rapid City came into view:

To Rapid City, SD 029

Following Snookie’s expert directions, we drove straight to the Air Force Base, made it through the gate and into the FamCamp with no problems.  I snapped a quick picture of the park, then we rounded the bend to see Snookie waving to us in the distance.

To Rapid City, SD 030To Rapid City, SD 031

It was so great to see her and Bob again.  We got set up in no time, then I was invited to join one of the frequent games of Mexican Train.  Snookie took me over to meet Valerie and Sherry at Valerie’s picnic table and we sat in the shade with a wonderful breeze blowing while they attempted to teach me this new (to me) game. 

We had a blast and I, of course, came in dead last.  But I’m getting the hang of it and there’s another game scheduled for this afternoon.  So wish me luck.  I love the game.

We’re seeing more and more motorcycles arriving in the FamCamp in anticipation of Sturgis Week and tents going up already, so I’m wondering just how many tents and motorcycles there will be by next week.  I’ll keep ya posted. 

I have laundry going and need to go put it in the dryer, so I’ll shut up and get this posted.  I hope everybody is staying cool.  Check back in a day or two for more news from Rapid City.

But in the meantime……

HAPPY TRAILS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment