DeWayne and Joy

DeWayne and Joy

Sunday, May 16, 2010

12 Days and counting....

Wow, the time is flying by and it's getting down to the wire.  Less than two weeks and we're pullin' outta here!

Woooo Hooooo!!!

Okay, Joy.  Calm down.....deep breath....

Sorry, I got a tad carried away there.  Anyway, another weekend is coming to an end, our bellies are full of butterfly pork chops and the "Goodbye Girl" is on the boob tube.  The laundry is done and all I have to do before bedtime is put the sheets back on the bed.  Sounds simple, right?  Not so.  We have a heavy tempurpedic king size mattress that's crammed into such a small space that I almost need a fork lift to get the fitted sheet on the top two corners.  It reminds me a little of wrestling a bear.  Oh, the adventures of living in an RV, right?  Complete with bear, I wouldn't have it any other way.

DeWayne has been sorting and going through the cargo hold today and had the entire lawn covered for a while.  I managed to get a coupla pictures after he had most if it organized and returned to it's proper place.

And since my dad and myself have both fallen while coming down the steps from the RV, DeWayne decided to add a little insurance against any future such nonsense.

Daddy and Eula have been working hard around the place to keep everything mowed and pretty.  We have a big family reunion coming up here in July, so they are already hard at work to get ready for it.  Here is Daddy using the brush hog out by the garden this evening:

DeWayne and I will be doing what we can to help out until it's time to hit the road, then we will be back again a few days ahead of the reunion.  We've reserved our "spot" here behind the carport again for the big event.  I can't wait to see all my sisters (5) in one place at the same time again.  It's not an easy thing to do these days, so I know we're gonna have a blast.  There will be good food, good times, redneck golf, dominoes, farkel and poker.  And of course, more good food! 

The flowers are still blooming and everything is getting greener by the day around here.  It's a beautiful place to be right now.  However, the folks have killed two Cottonmouth Moccasins here in the last two weeks, which is a little unusual, they say.  I wonder if it's not because of all the rain we've gotten the last year, which is not typical either.  These two snakes were pretty close to the house, the second one was right behind the back door. 

Ugh.  Gives me the willies!

It's time for me to get some deep cleaning done here in the RV, as well as the outside that needs a good scrubbing.  I need to shampoo the carpet so it will be nice and fresh for our first trip.  DeWayne is working on his list of maintenance chores and we will be taking my "little red wagon" (the HHR in the above picture) to OKC where it will be tucked safely away in DeWayne's mother's garage until October when we come back "home" for the holidays with family.  DeWayne installed a small TV, DVD player, etc. in the bedroom today for those occasions when one of us simply can't tolerate what the other is watching on the big TV.  It does happen, although not often.

We discovered that the WII that we had in our sticks and bricks home just wasn't practical here in the RV, so we gave the entire system to Ginger and family last weekend.  I'll just do my "virtual" bowling at her house from now on.  It's a little hard to bowl or play tennis in an RV, needless to say.

I think I've run out of nonsense to talk about, so I'll stop and check out my farm on facebook, then go "wrestle the bear" once again.  In the meantime, here is another puppy picture from my collection:

Just Relaxing....

So, that's all for now, folks!  I'll post again in a few days, so happy trails til then and....

12 days and counting!


No comments:

Post a Comment