DeWayne and Joy

DeWayne and Joy

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner?

We’re still in Racine and absolutely LOVING IT here at Sheila’s house.  We do what we please, when we please, which is pretty much what we do anywhere these days, but the weather and the scenery here just put a cap on the easy and laid back life of retirement. 

We do our chores at our leisure, sleep as late as we want, take naps (me) when the urge arises, stay up half the night if we feel like it, listen to music, dance around the living room when that perfect song comes on, watch movies, visit with Sheila and Basil or eat some of Sheila’s phenomenal cooking.  Yep, life is good here in Wisconsin!

But the best part of it all is this man:
Bowling and Bluff City, TN 124
I still pinch myself sometimes when I realize I have the rare opportunity to spend the rest of my life with the love of my life.  There’s just no way to express how much I ENJOY this man.  And how much joy he brings to my life.  Love ya, Darlin!

We have made a few trips to Wal Mart and I finally remembered to grab the camera the other day because I wanted to get some pictures of the HUGE weeping willows that are so plentiful in this area, as well as the blue spruce and just the scenery in general.  This is a beautiful area for sure and I would love to live here during the summer months.  I’d have to high tail it outta here in the winter tho.  Last year’s snow total was 101 inches.  Nope…..not for this girl!  Give me Florida or Arizona while the snow piles up around here, thank you.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the local shopping trip:
Racine 004
Racine 007
Racine 008
Racine 009
Racine 012
Racine 013
Racine 015Racine 016
 Racine 018


And this is our home for another week.  Isn’t it beautiful here?
Racine 001
What a great RV park!!!  Thank you Sheila and Basil. 

Now for the news!  As I type this new post, Daddy and Eula are on the road heading to right here in Wisconsin and I can’t wait to see them!  And I’m so proud they are leaving the 105 degree heat of DeKalb behind them for a few days at least.  We didn’t expect to see them again until November, so I’m tickled to get a few more days to visit them before we start our trek west to Washington state.  We’re expecting them to arrive tomorrow, so we’re gearing up for a good time with them.  Woooohoooo!!!!  

I think we’re about to make another trip to Home Depot and to Wal Mart for bread and staples, so that’s all for now.   I’ll post again in a few days, but in the meantme……..

HAPPY TRAILS EVERYBODY!

No comments:

Post a Comment