DeWayne and Joy

DeWayne and Joy

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Catching Up….Part Three

I left DeKalb and the folks house on Thursday and made my way back to OKC.  I’d had a great time visiting with family and friends for a week, but I also missed my Honey, so I stopped back by Ginger’s on the way and made my way “home” to Tinker AFB and DeWayne.

I didn’t get far before I had to pull over and get the camera from the back of the car because southeast Oklahoma was just awash with color and I knew the next time I made the trip, they would all be gone.  So I drove a little slower and tried to get as many pictures as I could through the windshield or by rolling down the side windows.  Wow, it was gorgeous!
SE OK fall colors 025
SE OK fall colors 050
SE OK fall colors 061
SE OK fall colors 075
SE OK fall colors 087
SE OK fall colors 108
I made it back, safe and sound and was glad to be back at home sweet home and hubby.  Since then, we’ve been catching up with his family and visiting with some of mine who were passing through over the weekend. 

I love the FamCamp here at Tinker.  There are no pull-through slots, but it’s a beautiful place.  The camp hosts are wonderful and all the people are friendly.  Each space has a picnic table and concrete pads to park on.  Laundry is 50 cents a load, so that’s a plus!  Here are some pictures I took yesterday from the bedroom window. 
Tinker AFB 060
Tinker AFB 045
Tinker AFB 012
Tinker AFB 014
Tinker AFB 020
Well, that about gets us up to date.  By the way, we went to see the movie “Morning Glory” on Sunday.  Great movie! 

I’ll be doing some cleaning around the RV while we are here and plan to shampoo the carpet tomorrow.  I’ll be shampooing the carpets and seats in the car and truck as weather permits.  I’ve been Suzie Homemaker the last couple of days, cooking soup and cookies, so we’re eatin’ good! 

And that’s finally all the news.  I’m caught up for now, so I think I’ll call it a night.  Stay tuned for more adventures, but until then….

HAPPY TRAILS!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a nice campground. I love all the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really looks like a nice FamCamp a nice place to call home for a bit.

    ReplyDelete