DeWayne and Joy

DeWayne and Joy

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Catching Up….Part Two

After arriving back in OKC on Wednesday, we made the two hour drive to Ginger’s house in McAlester on Thursday.  We had to remember how to pack since we’re used to hauling all our possessions around with us in the RV, so I ended up looking like I was moving out when I loaded the car for the trip.  Since I use a CPAP at night, it’s packed into what looks like a small suitcase for traveling.  Then there’s the camera case, of course, which is huge.  Then the bag that I haul the computer around in, plus hanging clothes and about six Wal Mart bags full of a week’s worth of “stuff”. 

DeWayne drove the truck and I followed in the car to McAlester and it was great to see Ginger, Curt, Jana and Casey.  After staying the night, DeWayne had to leave early the next morning to make it to Texarkana for his dr. appointment that afternoon and then spent the night with my folks before heading back here to OKC. 

I stayed at Ginger’s house all weekend, being spoiled rotten with lots of attention and great food.  I love it at Ginger's house!   Monday morning, I left for Idabel to make my own Dr. appointment that afternoon.  I had time to go by the office and visit with the gang for a while and I really enjoyed that.  After seeing Doc, I went on to DeKalb to visit with the folks for a couple of days.  I had to go back to Idabel the next morning for blood tests, so I got to hang out at the office again for a while and catch up on all the gossip.

I stayed with the folks til Thursday and had a great time with them and sister, Sharron, who came to spend the night on Wednesday.  Needless to say, we had a lot to catch up on, so we were up until three in the morning. 

It rained on Wednesday, but I got out the camera anyway since I don’t get much chance to take pictures other than from the truck.  I wanted to get out my “super lens” and play with it for a while, so I got some great pictures around the place.
DeKalb November 017
DeKalb November 023
DeKalb November 025
DeKalb November 026
DeKalb November 036
DeKalb November 046
DeKalb November 050
DeKalb November 063
DeKalb November 064
I took all these pictures from either the back porch or the front.  I love that zoom lens!

Okie dokie!  This concludes part two.  I’ll get started on part three, so stay tuned……

1 comment: