DeWayne and Joy

DeWayne and Joy

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chillin’ in Nevada

We’re still in Fallon, Nevada at the Naval Air Station RV park.  Life here has been relaxed and easy.  The air is crisp and the sun shines most of the time.  I love opening the door and the windows, letting in the fresh air.  Oh, and the sunsets are beautiful!
Fallon NAS 005
We did have a few days of rain and cooler temperatures, but now the weather has returned to normal and the sun is shining again. 

I haven’t blogged much lately simply because since our trip to Reno, we haven’t been anywhere to blog about, unless you count Wal Mart as an interesting place.  That, however, is about to change.

We will be leaving here Wednesday for the Sequoia National Park in California where we will be staying for two nights.  We opted not to drag the fifth wheel along with us, so we’ll be staying in this cabin.
Blossom_011

We will just be a few miles from the redwood trees that we are both anxious to see and I hope we also get to see some wildlife and beautiful countryside.  So I’ll be taking lots of pictures for the blog.

One of the most interesting things about our stay here in Fallon is watching the fighter jets as they take off and streak across the sky.  It amazes me that anyone can have the mental capacity to safely maneuver something that travels at that speed.  Heck, I just don’t think that fast!  Could be why I’m not a Navy pilot, ya think?
 
Probably.

They leave the runway almost even with the RV park and just above the buildings when they are first visible to us.  They sometimes take off one after another, making for a lot of noise around here, but it doesn’t last long since they are gone in no time.  I was sitting outside the other day when they were taking off, so I snapped a couple of pictures.
Fallon NAS 017
 Fallon NAS 016
We have enjoyed the Flight Line Bar & Grill and their daily lunch specials once in a while.  The movies theater is across the street from the RV park and the movies are free and new releases, but the majority of the new movies that come out these days don’t interest us, so we’ve only been to see one.  We have gotten quite a few movies from thrift stores or from wal mart that we’d rather watch here at home. 

I’ve had more time on my hands lately, so I’ve been trying some new recipes, which is fun.  It’s hard to find new things to cook that are healthy and tasty without buying expensive spices and things that I don’t normally stock, so I’m going to try and buy a little here and there to build up a supply.  I enjoy cooking new things and trying new recipes, so I’ve decided to put my imagination to work in coordinating what I can do in an RV and just go for it.  Who knows, I might just put together an RV cookbook.
 
I did take a few pictures of the RV park we are in the other day.  So this is our current “neighborhood”:
Fallon NAS 014
Fallon NAS 009
Fallon NAS 013
That’s our “home sweet home” above.  And this is the view outside our front door:
Fallon NAS 010
Notice the corner of a net on the left of the picture?  That is part of the driving range that is connected to the RV park and DeWayne likes to utilize once or twice a day. 

That’s all the news for now.  Stay tuned for details of the trip to California and also when we go to Lake Tahoe.  I can’t wait!  So, in the meantime……

HAPPY TRAILS!!

1 comment:

  1. Being a fighter pilot is definitely a job for the young! It sounds like you've picked a wonderful place to stay. I'd love to watch the planes take off and land, despite all the noise.

    ReplyDelete