DeWayne and Joy

DeWayne and Joy

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Under the boardwalk....down by the sea.....yeah.....



First things first, I want to wish a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jami, DeWayne's daughter-in-law.  We love you, Jami and hope you've had a great birthday. 

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY also to my handsome grandson Casey Clark!  He's my little man and he's 8 years old today.  We love you, Casey!


What a great day!  We lounged around the house today and I even had a nap this evening...ahhhh.  Then we put our duds on and headed to Rehoboth beach and the boardwalk.  I've been looking forward to this for a week and we finally made it.  We stopped to pick Snookie up on our way and she gave us directions since she's been there many times before.  We parked the truck a couple of blocks away to avoid having to feed a parking meter and walked the rest of the way.  I gotta say that I'm in love with this area.  I'll never get bored with looking at the neighborhoods with all the beautiful homes.  We walked by great lawns, pretty flowers and home after home with big screened porches that looked like outdoor living rooms complete with wicker furniture with pretty cushions and lamps on tables.  Each and every one looked so inviting.  I snapped a few pictures on the way:








The house above is right on the beach.  Look at all those windows!  Sweet!

Then we arrived at the boardwalk:

This is the view to the right of where we were:

And to the left (the direction we were headed):

Can you tell I was the one always lagging behind from all the pictures of DeWayne and Snookie in the distance?  The further we walked, the more people and activity we encountered.  I loved that atmosphere and the evening breeze coming off the ocean was wonderful!


We passed shops, restaurants and bars.  Lots of places to buy ice cream or Boardwalk fries that are served piping hot, but not with ketchup, no sir!  Vinegar is the preferred condiment on the boardwalk, so we had to give them a try.  We ordered fries with our hamburgers and dutifully slathered them with vinegar.  Well, I gotta say it was delicious!

After eating we went looking for attractions and this is some of what we saw:


It's like a year-round carnival right on the boardwalk!

DeWayne eating his frozen custard.





They even have miniature golf.....on the roof!

And other stuff along the way:


We did a lot of window shopping and noticed some t-shirts that pretty nifty.  Read the t-shirt in the middle of the picture and see if you don't agree....

And I had to think of my little man Casey when I spotted this one:

On down the way, we heard music and singing and found these young ladies.  They were gracious enough to let me get their picture:

We browsed through variety shops, specialty stores and book stores and I could have spent lots and LOTS of money there.  Living in an RV with limited space does have a way of curtailing those impulse buys.  All ya gotta do is keep saying to yourself, "Hey!  Wake up and smell the coffee, stupid!  That just AIN'T GONNA FIT!"  Hehe, I love it!  I did, however, manage to spend sufficient money to buy myself some CROCs sandals (wow, they felt good on my feet) and "Ocean sweet" Scentchips to make the house smell sooooo good.  :)   We saw lots of unique things, but these cracked me up.  Read the boxes of each one:


What will they think of next?

By the time we left that store, we were all on the same page.....tired and ready to go home, so that's what we did.  I was ready to rest my feet and settle in my recliner with a cup of coffee and start working on this post of my blog.  Ahhh, life is good.  I had a wonderful day!

Now it's 2:30 in the morning and I need to get to bed.  We're going to the beach next to the RV park that Snookie and Bob are staying at tomorrow.  Can't wait!  Gotta put my old bones in the bed so I'll be up and ready for another great day.  So good night to all and HAPPY TRAILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment