DeWayne and Joy

DeWayne and Joy

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bargains and Giant Springs

DeWayne wanted to go by the Salvation Army thrift store today to look for more movies that we can get really cheap, so we decided to go before lunch and check the place out.  It’s a pretty big store and really much better organized than the Goodwill store we visited last week. 

DeWayne didn’t find any movies, but I noticed when we walked in that all summer clothing was 75% off what it was marked, so I decided to check out the women’s department.  Wow, I found the mother lode!  So I literally “loaded” up.  I found eleven pair of shorts in various shades of pinks, blues and khaki, then found four pair of capri’s in my favorite colors.  The final price tag for all that?  Well, we paid $13.78 at the check-out and that included a set of curtains that I bought for $7.00, so all those shorts and pants cost an average of sixty-three cents apiece!  I LOVE IT!!!! 

Anyway, I shouldn’t have to buy shorts for a very long time and have a good supply in all my favorite colors.  And I saved a BUNDLE, so I’m one happy camper, let me tell ya!
We drove downtown Great Falls looking for a couple of the pawn shops listed on yahoo local so that DeWayne could check for used movies, but both that were listed were out of business.  We found another one that wasn’t listed just by looking for the other two and he did find one movie that cost a dollar.  Are we good, or what? 

I was wanting to go somewhere nifty today so that I could try out my new camera and have enough scenery to have a variety of shots.  I took the entire case complete with camera, lenses and the manual, which I planned to study as I went.  I can read instructions all day long and won’t remember any of it until I put it into practice.  So I wanted a nice place to go that allowed me to take pictures and also sit and study the features of the camera.  So we decided to take in Giant Springs which is just a couple of miles from the air force base.

It’s a beautiful place to see!  And photo opportunities galore!  Between the water, the falls, the wildlife, the people and the landscape, I didn’t hurt for subject matter, for sure!

I’ll let the pictures do the talking:
Giant Springs 003
Giant Springs 005
Giant Springs 007
Giant Springs 008
Giant Springs 012
Giant Springs 013
Giant Springs 020
Giant Springs 023
Giant Springs 027
Giant Springs 029
Giant Springs 058
Giant Springs 065
Giant Springs 067
Giant Springs 068
Giant Springs 072
Giant Springs 079 
Giant Springs 085
The camera is awesome!  I can’t wait to learn more about it and take more creative pictures.  What a difference in the clarity of the pictures from the old camera.

We visited the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center which is adjacent to the park and it was immensely entertaining and educational.  DeWayne bought his “senior citizen” pass for all the National Parks while we were there, so we were both admitted free on his card.  The card was only $10 and is good forever, so ya can’t beat that for a bargain either!

There is still lots to see in the center, but since we can get in anytime for free, well…….we’ll be going back, for sure.  Here’s a picture of one of the exhibits inside the Interpretive center:
Giant Springs 090
And turning around from this exhibit, this is the view of the river through the window behind me:
Giant Springs 091
When we exited the building, we noticed this car in the parking lot
Giant Springs 104
I thought the front of it resembled the HHR, so we got a closer look.
Giant Springs 103
Cute, huh?  It was a ‘49 “Austin” and appears to be a European model of some kind.

DeWayne got his new cell phone today, so he’s back in business and we no longer have to share my cell phone. 

It’s hard to imagine that just two days ago, Great Falls tied the 1894 high temperature of 96 degrees.  The high today was 73 and the high tomorrow will be 50 degrees and raining, so we plan to stay in and stay warm til the weather warms up and dries up the day after tomorrow. 

Well, I’ve exhausted all the news again, so I’ll shut up and sign off til next time.

In the meantime……..HAPPY TRAILS EVERYBODY!

1 comment:

  1. What a difference in pictures! I'm glad to see you got a Canon,,,I just love mine! Now when you are ready to start fine tuning them...let me know.

    ReplyDelete